Re: Heart attack time! -> Meconopsis

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 2/20/05 3:00:11 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< You can't grow
Himalayan Blue Poppies here >>

Kitty, I believe it is in Heronswood they state in the description that northerners should not even try this one. :-(
Given the nicest grow in the Himalayan foothills, no wonder.
I think it's the case of low diurnal temperature variation; they
perish of a combination of heat, humidity and high night temperatures.
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7