From: Marge Talt
Sent: 2/23/2005 1:35:07 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Artemisias

> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
> In addition to 'Powis Castle' I have 'Silver King,' 'Silver Mound,'
one just
> sold as Mugwort, and one that I have had for many years that was
just called Wormwood.
> I would love to have a name for that one - it is very nice  Similar
> 'Silver Mound' but smaller and finer.  All of these but 'Powis
Castle' are quite winter
> hardy.

----------

 Auralie, watch the one just labeled mugwort...it's a pernicious weed
I have been fighting for 20 years; travels underground by nasty white
roots; the smallest bit of which will create a new plant.

I love 'Powis Castle'....Pam sent me the MOST beautiful cuttings last
year as I had stupidly lost mine - you are right, it's not all that
hardy, but if you have a brain (unlike mine) that can remember
something for more than a nanosecond and you use it to remind
yourself to take a few cuttings every year, you'll always have it.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs