Re: Fw: Ode to the Catalogs

Jim, there are roof gardens and there are roof gardens. What you
describe is more what people think of. Often it will be an actual garden
you can walk around in on a city rooftop. This little project we have is
different, just a way of showing something different to our visitors.
Frankly I think it's a bit much - who's gonna want to get up there on a
ladder and try to tend it while it takes a few years to fill in? I've
helped as a gofer at various times while guys were up there removing
shingles or cutting wood for braces or whatever else they did, but I
told them I have no insurance and I'm not going up there. The woman in
charge of the project has every illness under the sun and can't get
there until 2 or 3 in the afternoon and doesn't show when she's arranged
for help. Pretyt much has everyone exasperated over it. but I think one
way or another it will get done this year. and in its own way, it will,
too, look pretty neat.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5