Re: Viburnum (Winterthur pollinators)

Could easily be...it's been a while and my brain is NOT what it
was:-)  Did sound secure in his knowledge.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Plant Exchange

----------
> From: kmrsy@comcast.net
> Marge, I think the Gardenweb discussion is the same one I cited.
Did sound like he knew what he was talking about.

> --
> Kitty
> neIN, Zone5

> > > From: kmrsy@comcast.net
> > > Viburnums, as a genus, fruit more prolifically when genetically

> > > dissimilar individuals of the same species are growing close
> > together.
> > > ...ones (genetically identical, like 2 Viburnum nudum
Winterthur)
> > > planted together do not lend to more prolific fruiting.
> > (snip)
> >
> > Kitty, what you posted is rather what I've understood about this
> > genus. Even Pam Harper (plantswoman supreme and grower of many
> > woodies) says she'll never get a grasp of the sex life of
Viburnums.