Re: Re: Artemisias/Powis Castle

Get it, Libby!  It's a great plant.  Just give it good drainage; it
will take part shade fine, but needs good drainage to make it thru'
winter - plus a rather sheltered spot doesn't hurt.  From the
cuttings Pam sent, I had a huge froth of silver by the end of the
season....they grow fast.   It does not run like some of the
Artemisias; just extends its branches to cover a good sized area but
you can pinch or nip it back if it starts taking up more room than
you want to give it.  Gets rather woody with time.  Pam's stock
produces the loveliest cuttings I have ever seen....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Plant Exchange

> From: Libby Valentine <grdner03@yahoo.com>
> Well, Pam, having just read the creed, I want it!! And Marge has it
> so I gotta have it!! (Actually, I'd want it anyway... I had some
> artemisia a few years ago, not hardy, which I thought was
beautiful, so