From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Betsy Kelson
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:19 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] interesting sqample

HI Everyone!!
    I've been lurking for way too long. 1857 messages that go back to when
time began.
    Tomorrow is my birthday and a customer at the garden center brought me a
treat. An adult form of Hedera helix that was growing at his son-in-laws
house. Very cool. I had no idea what I was looking at when he brought it
into the shop. Lustrous green leaves with a little variegation, reputed to
be evergreen by the customer. The sample had an inflorence of about 5
clusters of dead flowers that bloomed white. I found a great picture in
Dirr's picture book of trees and shrubs and a drawing of both forms in the
monster Dirr book.

Had to share because I have never seen one...only heard about it in lectures
in college..

Evergreen, CO