Re: Weigela and unknown Virburnum

Well, Chris, bloom or no that Weigela's foliage color is a 'must
have' for me:-)  Now, where on earth would I put the durn thing?

I still vote for V. x carlcephalum for your unknown Viburnum..esp. as
it's fragrant.  Sure looks like mine (better as mine is in a lot of
shade) and very like the links I posted last night.  Check out that
first link; it shows a leaf scan which, if yours is like it, would
confirm it.

I have a baby W. variegata...bloomed for the first time last year and
I can't wait for it to grow up to be as lovely as yours!

Your garden is fabulous....it needs to be on the garden tour page; we
need to talk here:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Plant Exchange

----------
> From: Chris@widom-assoc.com
>
> Marge,
>
> It didn't bloom that I recall.  I have the common Weigela florida
> 'Variegata' which I love for its pale pink flower and nice foliage
for
> arrangements and a huge shrub of  Weigela 'Vanicek' which also goes
by
> 'Newport Red'.
>
> I put the unknown viburnum photos, along with the weigelas,  in an
album
> marked "shrubs".  Thanks to you and Andrea
> ( and anyone else who'd like to try) for helping with its ID.
>
> Chris
> http://photos.yahoo.com/chrispnpt

On Behalf