From:  [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:28:13 +0000
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Golden Showers Climber now Hot Lava

Any carefree rose is welcome. About 14 yrs ago J&P was pushing
its<br>Simplicity roses and I was just a beginning gardener. I bit. I
bought 27<br>of them to create the rose hedge they described. Pretty
flowers, but<br>plenty of blackspot and not all came back the next year
(some of that<br>might be my fault, but I tended to go overboard on
preparation and care<br>in my early years, very afraid I might fail). I
eventually ripped out<br>what survived. Later tried some shrub roses
that I found difficult to<br>maintain. I still have a Peace (I think)
rose that my husband bought 20<br>yrs ago. The roses are pretty if the
aphids & JBs don't get them, it<br>gets plenty of blackspot and a
Rhododendron is trying to engulf it.<br>Frankly, I just gave up on roses
as they were too much hassle and they<br>never performed
tried it, and so<br>far so good. I also picked up a small Rosa 'Nearly
Wild', but got rid of<br>it at the end of the season. Some disease and
always fighting JBs on it.<br>But the insects seemed to leave Knockouts
find one cheap. Roses are pretty, but I'm not big on spraying or a lot
Original message -------------- <br><br>> I realize the hype is on
knockout roses currently around here, but to be <br>> honest, I think
the carpet roses are much better. The red version (sorry, <br>> not sure
what they call it) has absolutely out bloomed any other for me. It <br>>
doesn't get any of the nasty looking issues that other roses get here.
It is <br>> in my no care area, and just blooms its heart out all summer
list raved about the Knockout Rose (cherry-red <br>> > color) <br>> > so
I bought one last summer AND a Blushing Knockout (pink). Blooming all
no sign <br>> > o

From: "pdickson" <br>> > To: <br>> > Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005
10:50 PM <br>> > Subject: Re: [CHAT] Golden Showers Climber now Hot Lava
other day and the girl that sells me more <br>> > > plants mentioned a
"Knockout rose" that blooms all summer. She loves <br>> > it <br>> > >
and highly recommended it. I didn't buy it but have thought about it
mail order but on a very <br>> > > small scale. www.sunshinenursery.com
"Kitty" <br>> > > To: <br>> > > Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:54 AM
for 'Knock Out' - or was it the other way around? I tried <br>> > for
species parentage of my <br>> > > > Lonicera with no luck. Finally
called the Mailorder nursery that sold <br>> > > > it - <br>> > > > they
didn't have it either. I'll never know. <br>> > > > <br>> > > > Kitty
"Theresa" <br>> > > > To: <br>> > > > Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005
12:24 PM <br>> > > > Subject: Re: [CHAT] Golden Showers Climber now Hot
years ago that was labeled- but I've <br>> > > >> never been able to
find one since... So, maybe it was mislabeled or <br>> > has <br>> > >
>> since been renamed??? I do not have anyidea who developed it. Well,
thought maybe you all <br>> > knew <br>> > > >> some trick to

fi