Re: Viburnum

LOL, is that how you spell it? Most of my books are so heavy that I have to
stagger to the computer with them so I didn't bother looking the spelling
up. Anyway, they do that around here constantly. One of my neighbors has
Eleagnus for foundation plants and another Loropetalum.Amazing.....Of
course they don't know what they are so they just keep whacking at them
with pruners to keep them below the windows. That's why I replaced my
foundation plants with the Otto Luyken Laurel, and Nandina 'Firepower.'

By the way, I copied you and Ms. Fatma and started a couple of Oleander
standards last year. They are in the greenhouse and are looking great.
Still small, but full of blooms. I'm making standards out of my Loquats as
well, but they are in the ground. I just finished pruning them and now they
look like Dr. Suess trees. Thank God they are fast growers. I think they
make great trees and are so pretty all year long. I did remove their blooms
so the energy would go into the new growth. I'm not quite ready for fruit
yet. The one by my back porch should be above the roof line by the end of
summer. The one in the front of the house I haven't taken quite as good
care of so it REALLY looks like a Dr. Suess tree. I've made a commitment to
do better by it this year so it will actually begin to shade the front of
the house rather than the sidewalk.