RE: front porch/yard is toast

And what rips me is the 'replacement' insurance stuff... yeah, they will
replace it, but !!!!!!! they only give you what it was worth at the time of
the claim... so if something is 10years old, they only give you a small
fraction of the money... and after you 'pay out of your pocket' to replace
it, will give you the difference back. Which in a robbery here meant a lot
of out of pocket money till the replacement check appeared. Thankfully I
could afford to do this, not all can...

I don't think that applied to structural damage if I recall... I had the
door replacement guy and the insurance adjuster here at the same time, so
they haggled out the pricing, the adjustor wrote the check to me and I
signed it over to the repair person after he replaced the door...

Who loves hearing that phrase.... same like quality and value replacement if
it can't be repaired - thing those insurance agents quote you.