Been raining off and on--mostly on--all day. Up to 4 inches per hour at times, according to the local news reader. I just dumped 4-1/2 inches out of the rain gauge. We had been running a deficit of about 3 to 3-1/2 inches for this time of year, so we must have closed the gap to normal. Would be nice to do it more slowly, however; maybe an inch a week to start with. Barometer is still headed south, so I guess we're in for more.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10