Re: Weather now DST

I knew this dumb idea would come up again, so what I want to know is this: Does any other country in, say, the G8 go through this inane time shuffling twice a year? Or is it a peculiarly US idiocy?

On Sunday, February 27, 2005, at 06:16 PM, Kitty wrote:

I spent the whole day inside working on MG garden lists and a little bit of
time on a neighborhood problem. It's almost 6pm; I don't think it has
rained. And it is nicely light outside. Spring is coming!
Our state is still rangling over Daylight savings time, which up until now
we have not bothered with. Our new governor is trying to force it through
and it might make it.
Kitty
neIN, Z5
----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: "Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:38 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Weather

Been raining off and on--mostly on--all day. Up to 4 inches per hour at
times, according to the local news reader. I just dumped 4-1/2 inches
out of the rain gauge. We had been running a deficit of about 3 to
3-1/2 inches for this time of year, so we must have closed the gap to
normal. Would be nice to do it more slowly, however; maybe an inch a
week to start with. Barometer is still headed south, so I guess we're
in for more.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W