Re: front porch/yard is toast

I don't know what the law is here, but the part of your property on
which your mailbox would be placed is is "owned" by the city - which is
why you cannot remove a tree in what is sometimes called the hellstrip.
However, city code still makes the homeowner responsible for it. So, if
some sort of brick structure were erected on city property, I suppose
the person running into it could say it is the the city's fault, but
then the city fobs that off on the homeowner.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5