Nurserymens Conf

Doing a catchup on all your messages.   Great chatter as always!
     I attd the INLA conf last Thur & Fri.   Great speakers.   Of course, I
mentioned Dan Heims was the featured speaker.   His talk was not a repeat of
the ISU event but he did begin with the same, 'Hello. My name is Dan and I am a
     Doug Hoerr of Chicago was very interesting.   He is responsible for the
great city plantings in Chicago and did a repeat In Des Moines on Flelur drive
from the airport into the downtown area.   I love his stuffed 'casserole'
plantings.   He is also working currently with the city of Des Moines on other
new projects including the new library with the green roof.   Donna, have you
heard him speak?   If not, I'm sure you have seen his work.
     I think my favorite speaker was Joanne Kostecky of Pa.   She is a
designer owning her   own company and has received many awards.   I loved her
designs particularly the front gardens and the elimination of the traditional
foundation plantings.   I would love to hear her speak again.
     Mike Hegar of Ambergate Gardens & the twin cities spoke on perennials.
I have heard him speak before and enjoyed him again.   Also Ping spoke on his
new roses.   It was a challenge at times to understand what he was saying.