Re: FYI

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] FYI
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" lindsey@mallorn.com
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 21:24:22 -0600

> I was going to make an offer to Chris, if he provided the space, I would
> maintain the virtual tour for this group till he had the time to implement
> something automatic..... but then I read the 'need diversion' comment. :)
> Feel free to grab the Gardenchat portion of the site. All the individual
> pages are pretty much the same format and would be easy to convert with a
> script down the road. (I think)

I did download your entire site yesterday, Donna.  Now I just have to put
it up before Feb 15 when your domain expires.  :)

> And lastly, concerning your catalog- I am sure many of us would be glad to
> offer comments etc.... if you posted it somewhere for us to review. Of
> course since it isn't done, we would understand that links didn't work
> etc....

I've hesitated to share yet, but here it is in far-from-finished form:

   http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/catalog.pdf

It's big -- about 5MB -- so don't download it if you don't have a good
connection.

Some of the entries have nonsensical text instead of real text; it's just
there to help with layout issues.  The whole catalog is generated out of
the database and there are still layout issues and stuff.

But it should help give an idea about what I'm doing and let you know what
plants I'm carrying.

Chris