Re: Christopher Lloyd

Basic, yes.   Afraid most of us do, at sometime, buy plants and then try to
create the environment they prefer.    It is not a new book but I was hoping to
read some magically formula for creating the perfect garden.
     Doug Hoerr, who suggested the book, worked for Adrian Bloom & Beth
Chatto in their gardens.   He said gardening in England is gardening with near
perfect conditions.   The story of Dougs career was interesting.   He started his
career in his grandfathers landscaping buisness.   He was doing okay but
decided he was not going to gain fame competing with 20 cousins also in the
business so wrote A. Bloom asking to work as his gardener just for the experience.
Adrain hired him but did give him $2 @ hr.   He said it wasn't enough to pay
for his film.   He also worked for Chatto and another knnown name which I don't
recall before returning to Chicago and his own business.   He stated the
midwest is the most difficult location for gardening due to Mother Natures
behavior.   I have you been to Chicago to see his gardens in the city?
     Ceres