To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT- for the travelers in this group.....

Donna,

We just returned from a cruise that included Costa Maya and Cozumel about
two weeks ago.
In Costa Maya we took a cab ($12 per couple each way) to Mahahaul Beach. I think that how it's spelled. It's not a terrific beach, but the atmosphere is very Mexican and the food is good. The color of the water is just beautiful. The vendors are not too aggressive.
In Cozumel we took a cab to Paradise Beach one of the few beaches that has been restored after the horrendous hurricane people there had to suffer in October. It's a 20 minute cab ride there. The beach is great for swimming. All kinds of toys in the water for kids and adults for a small fee. Food is very good. They have a mango drink that is super delicious.
Last year we rented a motorbike and went around the island which was more fun. But since we didn't know what was still there we stuck to Paradise beach this time.
We don't like to go with the excursions organized by the cruise ships. They are mostly twice as costly as if you go with a local organization. You can find those on cruisecritic.com and endless information from people who were just on a cruises.
Glad to help should you have more questions.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon, VA