Re: A great trip

True, true--but it's better than looking out the window on a bleak landscape of blowing snow, I betcha.

On Feb 7, 2006, at 1:45 PM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

Even if they did (and they don't always show all the major shows) it
wouldn't be the same as being able to reach out to touch a leaf strap or
observe the sun play across the foliage throughout the day. Those are
things one can only do in person. ;>)

Bonnie (SW OH - Zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:03 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] A great trip

I thought HGTV did "tours" of these major shows. No?

On Feb 7, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

I've got a hyacinth in a bulb vase I'm working on right now.  It is
only about 1 1/2" out of the bulb right now, but oh the roots are
everywhere and the color already beginning to show on the buds!  I
also have two nice amaryllis I'm working on in pots.  I figured
February would be a good time to have something green come up and
start to bloom by the end of the month.
February is always a very cold, dreary month here.  Even with the mild
January and the unusually sunny days here at the first of the year,
winter has returned with a vengeance.  The bulldogs and I dread going
out when it is like this.  Of course, when there is enough snow, Miss
Mary still likes making her bulldog snow angels.  (She should have
been born a husky.
She
really doesn't seem as bothered by the cold as the rest of us.)

In any case, anything green and blooming inside is heaven sent.  Bill
has been picking up little bouquets for me since everything has gone
dormant so I won't go into withdrawal, too.  However, to have the good
fortune to go to a wonderful show at this time of year is a fabulous
thing!!!  It's not just a "tide over" but a soul renewal!!!  I'm so
tickled for you!

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)