Re: xeric plants now Cyndi's list

> Looks like a great site, Chris. Have you told Scott Russell
> [srussell@ou.edu] about it?

I did, but he hasn't listed it.

It actually started as part of my thesis work in 1993 -- I wrote a Windows
program that students used to look at plant pictures and stuff.  We tracked
all of the students' actions, like which buttons were pressed, what order
plants were viewed in, etc. and then made correlations between their
usage patterns and their grades.

It was a massive project with over 8000 images to scan.  Back then storage
space was expensive, so we were store them as fairly small 256-color Windows
bitmap files.  Gary (my then-advisor/friend and now-friend-only) has
rescanned most of the images so that we have higher resolution with more
colors.  I'm supposed to update the site with new plants, descriptions,
and images, but I've been slacking.

Once it's revamped I'll probably poke Scott again.

Chris