Re: Meyer Lemon

Terrific when something you've tried pays off, isn't it?
As to blooming...
I have an odd pair blooming at home under the lights. This past fall I
potted up the tiniest start of a Corydalis lutea volunteer - too small
to leave out, so I put it on the lightstand. The darned thing has grown
by leaps and bounds and is in full bloom. Then there are the dozen or so
cuttings I took of Osteospermum about the same time. Small cuttings work
best and grow quickly. I usually remove buds, but a lot of them got away
from me so I have lovely pristine white daisies with blue centers in
February. I think I should remove them. And of course, the Bulbine
'Hallmark' never stops blooming.

Kitty

-- "Zemuly Sanders" <zsanders@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:
I don't know if you remember or not, but in 2004 I found some helpful info for
over wintering citrus indoors.  It was feeding them a weak acid solution, like
Miracid, at every watering.  Well, it is certainly paying off.  This was the
second winter for my current Meyer lemon, the previous one died during its
first winter indoors.  Anyway, last year I had no blooms or lemons probably
because the plant was really small.  Well, I was just checking on my current
one, and it is covered with fat blooms!  I love it when a suggestion actually
works.  Just thought I'd share.  I also have a brug, Chas Grimaldi, blooming.
zem
zone 7
West TN