To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] A great trip

geesh.. by the time I got done reading this message- I
was ready to book a flight too!

Have a wonderful and safe trip Ceres- and Judy if you
decide to go...

Spring can't be far away- the garden shows are

--- Judy Browning <judylee@lewiston.com> wrote:

Oh, I'm jealous. This is a great show. I thought
about going this year, but
have made other plans now. Be sure to take a sturdy
carryon for your plant
purchases. My first year there I came home with a
fig, 2 orchids, heaths &
heathers, scented pelargoniums, hardy clematis and
too many lily bulbs. I
drove that year. The next one I had to limit myself
to what I could stash
under my seat. Luckily, for me it's only a half hour
flight & the attendant
ignored the stuff stashed behind my feet : ) Not
sure I could get away with
that since 9/11.
The show has a plant check area that is a lovely
feature. You can stash your
purchases until you are ready to leave for the day.
The year I flew, they
let me leave my luggage there. My gardening buddy
arrived the day before and
I went from the airport to the show on the bus. Then
picked up my luggage &
all my plants and took the shuttle to our hotel.
The gardens are wonderful, the garden related arts &
crafts outstanding,
plant market area too tempting to resist. Food in
the show is pricey, big
surprise, but there are several nice places to eat
just across the street or
down the block from the convention center.
If you can tear yourself away from the show, visit
Pike Place Market during
the day. (Can be dangerous at night)With all of the
rain, the lower levels
have been closed, but there's plenty at gound level
including Godiva
chocolates and the original Starbuck's.
Oh I'm stopping now or I'll talk myself into flying
over for the day.
Have fun, buy something you can't live without, did
I mention the pottery
bells and the metal work and the carved stone table
tops and....Oh
Heronswood is a local vender there
bye now
Judy B z6 Idaho