Re: Blizzard on the way, Chris' catalogue

> On the suggestion of a friend I watched "The Dog Whisperer" on the National
> Geographic channel.  According to last night's expert Otis will not be an
> adult until he's three!  It's just the constant destruction that makes me
> nuts.  Yesterday he took a roll of paper towels (still in the holder) and
> turned it into confetti.  It's that sort of thing that makes me want to
> hurt him.  However, some of his behavior has improved dramatically.  For
> instance, he can go piddle in the back yard and come back inside without
> chasing the cats, and that is an excellent thing.  I know he gets lonely
> staying in the kitchen all the time, but he's still way to rambunctious to
> go anywhere else in the house. He is definitely better on the leash -- not
> great yet, but much better.

Hi Zem,

   I love The Dog Whisperer and have copies of every episode saved from my
   TiVo.  If I could get the DVD creation software not to crash Windows XP
   I'd send you all of them!

   I used to have lots of problems with Romeo on walks until I went out and
   bought one of those cheap 'show dog' leashes.  It's nothing more than
   a rope with a loop on one end; it goes over his head and up behind his
   ears.  With anything else he'll pull and pull -- the 'Halti' leashes
   that go over the nose, the one that acts like a harness and lifts their
   legs when they pull, regular leashes, etc.  With this leash he's
   immediately controlable and pays attention to me.

   Plus there's no chance of this happening:

   It sounds like he still has a lot of pent-up energy -- how often do you
   walk him?

P.S.  I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to tell you how to raise your
      'children' -- tell me to shut up and I will.  :)