To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Blizzard on the way, Chris' catalogue

Chris,
Could you give the catalog site again? Can't seem to find it.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Feb 11, 2006, at 6:41 PM, Kitty wrote:

Chris, I haven't had as much time as I'd like to look through the catalog. the photos of course are striking. I like the layout and the personal comments. If you could bear a teensy critique...I'm reading about Winecups - lovely, I want some! - and you write, "As I mentioned earlier, I love to let this meander..."

People usually jump around catalogs, especially online. They don't read them front to back (My sister reads everything back to front!) It's nice to make connections between entries, but that's too vague. Now I'm wondering what it was you were talking about "earlier" and should I get it with my Winecups, and darn! what page is he talking about?

The icons are great, very descriptive. I like the fact, too, that you include the plants' native range. The light, moisture, and drainage indications might take a little getting used to, but they are much more descriptive than a simple sun or waterdrop icon. It shows you've put a lot of work into these entries and that you are willing to share a lot of in-depth information with your customers.

Another note on pictures. Would it be possible to have 2 pictures for some entries? I'm thinking of the Cimicifuga/Actaea entries. A close-up of flowers or berries is intriguing, but for something like this, a photo of its habit would help.

Still not enough time right now to look at everything, but I've put it in my favorites so I can look some more and watch its progress. Also, when our display Garden groups get done planning their wish lists I can check back to place an order - and maybe some winecups for me!

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5