RE: and the snow totals are....

It's snowing really hard here still.  I haven't ventured out as the power
has been out since about 4 AM and just came back on. I've been bundled up in
front of the fireplace with a cup of tea (thank heavens for gas stoves) and
some really old gardening magazines that never got read. Now that the house
is warming up, I will take a walk outside and take some photos. The show is
at least a foot deep.  One problem when the power goes out is getting heat
to my reptiles.  I came up with the idea of filling take out Chinese food
containers, plastic with plastic lids, with hot water and wrapping them in
newspaper before placing them in the cages.  They stayed warm for an hour. I
was even boiling large rocks that I added to the containers to keep them
going for longer when the power returned.

Later we'll have to have the driveway plowed if we want to get out of here.
The driveway is at least 400 feet long, so until it's plowed we are stuck
here.

More to follow,

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York