Re: Gene's catalog

Hello Auralie,
I simply sold out of the Athyrium 'Victoriae'... there are perhaps 4 or 5 left right now.. too few to place in the catalog. I have another tray on order for deliver in April to grow on for fall sales and next year. So, the crested Victorian fern will return.
UPS, as it turns out, is a pain in the unmentionables to get set up and running and more expensive than the postal service. So... we will see how this year goes. It is a trial run for their services.
Congratulations on a well grown fern. I have my crested Victorian ferns with pulmonaria and hosta, hellebore and more, under a variegated dogwood.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Gene, while we are talking catalogs, let me say that your very
handsome one arrived last week.  Things have been hectic
around here, so I haven't had time to study catalogs the way
I usually do.  One thing I did notice, and must ask about.  This
year you are offering Athyrium filix-femina 'Frizelliae' instead
of A. 'Victoriae' that I bought from you a couple of years ago.
I have been very happy with 'Victoriae', even though it only
took a second to another member's 'Frizelliae' in last summer's
flower show.  In fact hers took an Award of Merit, and we both
agreed that the judges didn't know what they were doing.  I still
prefer 'Victoriae', but just wondered why you changed.
I'm so glad that you are now using UPS.  I must find time to
order seeds and plants soon - this crazy season is just not
coming together so far.