From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 9:23 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] powdered sugar story

I can understand no tolerance for guns or sharp knives. But why do we have
no tolerance for so many other things in schools? School is where children
are supposed to LEARN which indicates that we need to practice some
tolerance when they make mistakes.

Locally, a high school senior was expelled from school for writing a book
that was crudely critical of the school and staff. He also used school
equipment to create the book. It was fashioned after John Stewart's
"America". I'm not sure how the NO Tolerance rule applied, but that was the
reason they expelled him.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5