From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 9:28 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] olive tree

Olives don't like it here, too humid. I wish they did; I think they're
fantastic landscape trees. When I lived in the San Joaquin Valley, I
had two Manzanillo [sp?] olives and regularly cured about 5 gallons a
year; hardest part was picking and slitting them.

On Feb 13, 2006, at 11:30 AM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

> How dwarf is it? Does it fruit? Full size olive trees are incredibly
> messy
> when the olives drop; if your dwarf does fruit make sure it's in a
> spot you
> won't mind black stains on the ground. Of course if it's small enough
> you
> can probably manage to keep the fruit under control.
>
> Cyndi

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W