Re: Gene's catalog

> Sam's club.... like 50- 60 bucks.. sits on a desktop.
>
> You do realize they (UPS) goes by the pound, not ounces, rounded up, so it
> doesn't really have to be critically exact... 5.4 or 5.8 is the same to
> them... 6 lbs.

OK, that's what I was curious about.  They seem to get more expensive as
you get to finer granularity in terms of ounces.

Do you know if FedEx operates the same way?  I'd really rather use them
instead of UPS, especially with live plants.  FedEx unloads their trucks
and allows customers to pick up orders if they've missed delivery; UPS
just leaves it on the truck overnight and tries again the next day.

When I was building computers I ordered a critical piece for overnight
delivery via UPS.  It came the next day, but they wanted a signature and
I must've been in the shower or something when they came.  I went to their
offices and asked to pick it up, but they told me it wasn't possible.  I
had to wait for the driver.

I've avoided UPS like the plague since and happily picked up stuff after
work at FedEx.  :)

Chris