Re: Plant ID?

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plant ID?

Speaking of making up names....along the same lines that, in the plant name
Buddleia 'Peacock', Peacock is a trademark name, the real name is
'Peakeep'....Dannon Yogurt has come out with a new yogurt called Activia
which contains a bacteria called Bifidus RegularisT . Regularis is their
trademark name for, for...for what? It's not a species name and they don't
tell you in any brochures, ads, website; they are very vague. I googled
around and found on their Canadian website that they call it
Bifidobacterium lactis and give it a trademark name of BL. I don't like
all these made up names because it always seems to hide something. and in
this case, my suspicion is that they are hiding...NOTHING. It's so vague
that I think it's probably just a lot of marketing hype and it's really no
better than other yogurt
It reminds me of Certs. You know what a 'glistening drop of Restyn[R] is?'
It's a trademarked name for vegetable oil.