Re: Plant ID?

I know from what some of my clients have said that that is EXactly what happened with them. Because they fail, they end up hiring some ignoramus with a pick-up truck and a lawnmower, and paying through the nose until they hear about someone like me that can help them design something useful, and teach them how to maintain it. It pains me how much angst they need to go through sometimes to get to that place.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plant ID?

if a new gardener has a bad experience with a plant...
they're less likely to venture into gardening again.
I wonder how many fledgling gardeners started out with a purchase from
Michigan Bulb and just gave up. If a person has no personal gardening
connection and sees those MI Bulb ads in the Sunday papers, it can often
be the first theing they try. And it is too bad, because even seasoned
gardeners might have little luck with their plant material.

neIN, Zone 5

From: "Daryl" <pulis@mindspring.com>
IMHO, an organization that strives for botanical excellence should always be
told when one of their vendors sullies their reputation. Surely they don't
make that much off of any one vendor that they can afford to PO a large
percent of the gardening public?

And besides, if a new gardener has a bad experience with a plant (Miracle
Tree, Miracle Grass, Giant Tomato Tree) they're less likely to venture into
gardening again. And the fewer gardeners, the fewer new plants, new garden
centers for the rest of us... The trend has already started.