Re: Plant ID?

Cyndi,

If a gardener's time is spent "sitting around waiting for something to happen", they're not gardening. Or not observing. There's never a moment in my garden when there isn't something new to explore, and I've been doing it for more than 50 years.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:30 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Plant ID?

Saw an article in the paper the other day that says the number of people who
fish as a hobby is way down. Kids don't go fishing with dad or grandpa (a
stereotype, but there you are)because they think it's just sitting around
waiting for something to happen.
Maybe the same might be true for gardening. Too much competition for their
time.

Cyndi