RE: Gene's catalog

OUCH!  I'm so sorry that happened.  It seems as though the post office
location has something to do with the type of service you get, too.  I've
lived places where the post office did the bare minimum.  There are two
postal locations in Washington Township.  The Centerville branch is closer
than the branch closer to Miamisburg, but I always go to the latter because
I know the folks there are more customer service oriented and take the time
to do things right.   Going across the country for mail order, there is no
telling whether you get one of the conscientious postal service areas or one
where they don't have any courtesy.

And the customer sounds like she was a pain.  When I have problems with an
order, it is what the company does about it that makes the difference
between whether I order from them again or find another source.  I always
let the company know EXACTLY what is wrong and I also let them know what was
done well.  When a company has to rely on a middle person (shipper in this
case) things can go wrong that aren't always the nursery's fault.  Bringing
complaints alone does little good.  Bringing a complaint with a  possible
solution makes a much greater difference.  I learned this from a book that
taught how to complain and to whom the complaint should be directed.  By
being honest, direct, giving exact details of the situation and giving
expected solutions up front and to the area that can best correct the
problem, everyone benefits.  (It works in relationships too, I've found.)

Gene, I know you do your best and there isn't much you can do with an
unreasonable customer.  And why she would take that out on you for the
postal services bad service is beyond me.  And I wouldn't be inclined (under
the circumstances) to believe all of what she said either.  Had she
presented you with photos, times, conditions, etc., I know you would have
done your best to make things right with her.