Re: Plant ID?

I began with this group as soon as I moved here and got a computer in the summer of 1997. I found it on the AHS website.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plant ID?

Interesting thread on where everyone thinks gardening
is heading.

So when did everyone start here?

In my own life, I have been an on and off gardener.
Depended on where I was living and other issues in my
life.

I will say, if it was not for this list, I wouldn't
have half of the knowledge I do now.

Donna

--- Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:

Well I do have friends that garden but not to the
extent I do.  But no one
has the kind of time to do it every day like I do
either.  But the beginning
of next month though, everyone at work will come to
see the garden queen.
I've already got lamb's ears and white sage
seedlings coming up under the
lights in flats at work.  Our wire shop
superintendant loves to come and
peek at the seedlings every day.  And yes, I do give
away the extras.
People love it.

> Cyndi, I don't have friends interested in
gardening to the same degree
> either.  I give my friends plants to decorate
their landscape, but that's
> their idea of it - decoration.  I do have friends
within the MG
> organization
> that of course get into it more in depth, but I
don't have a close
> relationship with any of them.  That's why I value
the Chat relationships.
> I can share with y'all the things that I'm more
intense about - the things
> that might cause my friends and even many MGs I
know to roll their eyes.
<cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>

is quite a bit slower
> > than
> > say, computer games or text messaging or TV. I
suspect the majority of
> > people don't think about gardening until they
own their own home. And if
> > they're already used to - I can't think of the
word I want but - having
> > short attention span, then it's harder to get
used to this slower pace.
> > agree there's a lot going on in the garden, but
if you're used to
> results
> > measured in seconds, then gardening isn't going
to give you that instant
> > gratification.
> > I don't know about the rest of you, since many
of you are in the
> business
> > it's likely your friends are gardeners too. You
belong to clubs and so
> > forth. But I don't know anyone in person
(excluding y'all) who does what
> > do. A few people enjoy their roses, they have a
couple tomato plants in
> > the
> > summer, and that's it. I don't see anything
around town that looks like
> my
> > yard - there are nice landscapes to be sure but
they are things that the
> > paid-for gardeners can mow & blow. Maybe it's
all hidden in back
> yards...
> > Anyway I think that as people get older and have
more free time they