Re: plant ID/ hobbies on the decline

Is there more to fishing besides sitting and waiting????  (David, not
talking about fly fishing which does seem to have activity)   Fishing  is one of
Dh's favorites...ugh!!  I've tried and tried, since we do most  things
together.....but I just can't get into this at all.  It's not even  that I'm such a mush
heart and feel sorry for the fish (which I do),  since  DH catches and
releases anyway.....but it's just so SLOWWWWWW.
I can deal with bait, casting out, etc. etc. but the  wait....ugh!   My mind
wanders, I start seeing a shell, or a plant or  rock I'd like to look at, next
thing I know, I've wandered off and totally  forgotten about the fish.
Perhaps I just don't get it...or I'm truly too  hyper for that particular hobby.
Who knows.

I really think (other than fishing) that the decline in participation,
membership, etc. is the competition for time.  Even for those that do not  work,
there is so much that one can do, has to do, wants to do, that it is  impossible
to do it all....despite the desire.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 2/14/2006 6:35:43 PM Central Standard Time,