Re: Gene's catalog

May be and probably are gardeners backing off of shipping due to costs, Jim.
I can testify shipping costs are eating at us, but we felt we could not increase what we charge here for labor, boxing and shipping... we are eating the increases for now.
Everything that is associate with oil directly and indirectly has been increasing drastically for the past 2 years now. This past year has been really bad. Security is eating a hole in many things... such as what comes across the border from Canada ... peat moss for potting medium... through the roof. Same with pearlite. Not only are all price increases being pushed back down the line... there is a sur chare for fuel on every delivery.
It may come to my no longer shipping and being appointment only here...... just have to see where it goes.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

You certainly know your clientele better than I do. I have heard--on this list and others--many mail-order plant buyers backing off nurseries because they thought the shipping charges were too high.