To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gardening in the South

Being a native Illinois'in...

This is really the worse time of the year here. You
can't wait for spring to arrive and you are so tired
of winter. (although this year has been mild)

Most folks here hybernate- and go thru this after
holiday withdrawal of going everywhere in a few short
weeks. Not much to do right now, and the walls start
to close in on you.

Since Andrea arrived here during the 'getting ready
for winter/holiday' season, doubt she really had time
to meet the neighbors or start some friendships.... I
know I would go stir crazy if it was not for some
great friends here who I can call and say... lets go
somewhere- anywhere-on the spur of the moment .... and
we do! Makes this season bearable...

Although I am not trying to talk her out of going
home, just wish she had the time to really see this
area- the lakefront, the public gardens, the museums,
- there is alot of interesting things to do, but the
darn commuting in the snow/cold really sucks! :)

Donna

--- Bonnie Holmes <holmesbm@usit.net> wrote:

When we moved to DC, I felt the same way...missed
the mountains and
friendly people. In fact, I often dreamed that I
was walking down a wooded
path to the river and, then, woke and found myself
in a high rise and in
tears. It is interesting how nature can make such
an impact and make you
miss it even though your new environment has its own
beauty. Build your
new tropical garden and enjoy.

all settled back in
Beaufort
> I might just have to come see you -- if I have any
money left.
<andrea.hodges@sbcglobal.net>

The Shining. That
can't