Re: Beginning gardening

Agree. But we didn't have junior high schools or middle schools, either. We had grammar school [k-6] and high school [7-12]. Animal husbandry was one of the choices for curriculum major in high school. I chose math/science because I was lazy and didn't want to swamp out stalls and holding pens, although a classmate and best bud who did made a considerable fortune breeding and racing quarter horses after graduation.