Re: How do you keep track?

My garden will never be a PITA because I won't let it. It is a refuge and a simple joy. If something doesn't get done, that's ok with me. However, I understand WANTING to get things done. And for some reason, when I do have time, I can't remember what I wanted to do.

I have about 50 of those flags that landscapers and utility companies use. For anything that requires future attention, I just stick a flag there. It's noticeable, but not too bad; I don't think it detracts much from the view. When I have time, I look for flags and do the ones that are timely. Some are jobs for other seasons, so they wait.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 11:46 AM
Subject: [CHAT] How do you keep track?

Last weekend as I was doing all my raking and clean-up, I kept seeing things
that needed attention but I couldn't do right then. Everything from "I
really ought to divide those bulbs this summer" to "dig out that volunteer
I have a terrible memory; so it's hard for me to keep all these jobs in my
head. Especially something that's not going to hit my eye immediately next
time I go out. I tried bringing out a writing pad and every time I'd think
of something I'd write it down. But what a PITA! Drop the tools, take off
the gloves, walk over to the paper, write it down, back to work. It really
interrupts the flow. But I can't think of any other practical method.
What do you all do when there's too much work, and you need to keep track?