To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gardening in the South

Daryl you're wonderful. Crinums are one of my favorites and I would love some! I am leaving almost all of my plants in the basement with my brother-in-law (except my orchids of course)

I don't know what a Cotton Rose is. But hey, I love to try new things. I have ONE Angel's Trumpet in the basement that I grew from seed and will be taking back with me. It's a red one. I've never even seen a red one in the nurseries down south. I bought the seeds hoping to get good results and only one survived, so it's going back too. But I love them, so more would not be a bad thing, ;-)

Thanks everyone for their generosity and well wishes. I'm leaving two weeks from today.

My new place will be mostly high shade and sand. Lots of big trees and a few sunny spots. The soil downtown is sand sand sand. So, dry shade will be the majority, except right up next to the side of the house.