Herbal question and weather

At last, winter has come with a pretty thick snowfall. The deciduous
holly, laurel, red stem dogwood look beautiful. I think I may fill the
bathtub in case some tree branches take out power lines somewhere...we
have had such warm weather that it is extremely possible. The utility
company does frequent pruning to reduce the possibility but there are
miles of lines.

My herbal questions concerns the best place to plant fennell. I
understand that most plants don't like to be planted near it so which
won't it hurt? Does anyone know?

Bonnie ETN Zone 7