Re: transporting blooming orchids

I think I'd play it by ear. Are those hand warmers the kind you heat up in a microwave? If so, about dawn I'd be looking for a truck stop with a microwave to rejuvenate them. Remember, the coldest part of most days is between, say, 4 AM and 6 AM.

On Feb 19, 2006, at 3:57 PM, Andrea Hodges wrote:

Yes, I plan on driving straight through. I'm probably going to leave here around 1:00 am on the 3rd. The heat packs I've got last about 7 hours (they're actually hand warmers) so I figure by the time the heat runs out I'll be way south and the sun will be up. What do you think?
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] transporting blooming orchids

Are you going to drive straight through? If not, you may want to be able to take them into the motel with you.

If yes, you may not be in the cold long enough to worry about--depending, of course, on your route. It's predicted to be in the 70-80s for the foreseeable future here. I assume this balminess extends a few miles north of Disney World.