Re: chinese fruit

To me, both Longan and Lychee, have "different" flavors compared to other
fruits.  Both look similar when peeled though,  the skin is a tough  leathery
like peel that is inedible.  I personally prefer the taste of  Longan to Lychee,
but that is a personal preference.  Jim can surely be  more specific about
describing flavors.  Here is a website that has great  information on _Fruits of
Warm  Climates_ (http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/index.html)   :
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
 In a message dated 2/19/2006 11:02:43 PM Central Standard Time,