Re: lotus

Well, I am getting closer. This is a woodland garden, but off to the
south of it is a sunny clearing that they've never been able to figure
out. Last year they outlined it stone and filled it in with rock and
placed a Japanese style stone lantern in it. Obviously needed something,
so, when a local nursery donated a globe blue spruce they stuck that in.
It died.

What had been bugging me was that they had asked for a dwarf Ginkgo,
which I got for them, spent $50 on it, but they never planted it. It
disappeared. I figured it had died, too. But somehow it ended up in our
Glade on the other side of the office from the woodland. Now the Hort Ed
says to give that to them. I don't think he realizes it was theirs to
begin with. I don't know if the Ginkgo had been discarded by the
woodland or just got misplaced and somehow ended up planted in the
glade. I do know that I personally delivered it to the woodland last
spring. So now I have to wait for a response to see if they will take it
back. If not, the Hort Ed said to give them something dwarf out of the
Conifer garden.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5