Re: Pots, plans and floors?

> I used to swear by cast iron pots and pans, but lately I've taken a liking
> to copper bottomed steel pots and pans.  Even if something does stick (and
> with a little light oil it seldom does) all I need to do is soak for five
> minutes on low temperature with a little water and liquid dish soap, swish
> and nothing is left.  I've found it much lighter and when trying to run the
> gauntlet of 4 burly bulldogs around one's legs getting to the table, weight
> for a "little person" is a big deal!

I generally use large stainless pans and stuff too, but there are some
times when you really want to use cast iron.

For example, I always sear steaks for two minutes on each side in a cast
iron skillet, then move them to the grill.  It prevents the steak from
drying out and helps seal in the flavor of the sea salt and black pepper

> Bill and I hope to use either stone or ceramic tiles on the kitchen floor
> when we can catch up financially.  My folks had tiny little mosaic sized
> ceramic tiles laid in their house when I was in grade school.  It turned out
> to be a lifetime floor and was one of the few thing that had to be fixed or
> renovated when we sold her house.  It does mean you need to pick the style
> and color so that you won't get tired of it, but boy is it durable!  LOL!!!

I guess I won't discount it just yet.  But linoleum sure sounds easy.  :)