Re: Spring- Yeah!

We originally sealed ours in 1998; they still clean with a damp mop. There are two "styles" used in laying saltillo. One where they nearly butt the pavers, like other types of tile are laid, and the other like they're laid in Mexico and the Southwest, with about 3/4-inches of grout between them. Ours are laid in the Mexican manner. Saltillos--the tiles themselves--have to be sealed also, not just the grout. That makes it a bit easier to do, just slop on the sealer and spread it with a sponge or sponge-type mop; two coats. Sealer--it comes matte or glossy finnish--is water soluble and dries overnight. And, no, none of our tiles have dog's footprints in them; footprints cost extra.