Re: AMaryllis

Glad this subject came up.  How does one get an Amaryllis to rebloom  the
next year???? A friend gives me a potted one for Xmas every year and it  blooms
up a storm, but never blooms again the next year.  What am I doing  wrong????
I thought perhaps because I planted it, but even in a pot it  didn't
rebloom....only grows foliage.  The one she gave me this year put  out two bloom
stalks, I was thrilled.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 2/24/2006 9:54:56 AM Central Standard Time,