RE: Spring- Yeah!- tile floors

We just got done with constructing a sun room addition on my mothers house.
We ended up with a porcelain floor as we found out small chips would not
show as much since the color is throughout the tile instead of just the top
glazed finish.

We also found out about a low voltage heater than you can install under the
tile. In the winter months, you can set the temp, so that burr cold floor is
gone! It does cost more to install it, but at my mothers age, I felt it was
worth it. I was worried about the monthly additional fee on to the electric
bill, but turns out to be minimal.

And for those of you using it in the kitchen, remember shiny is pretty, but
when it gets wet, look out!

Another issue that came up with a friend who is currently building a house.
(can't wait for him to move out!) He is tiling the entire house, so they had
to use extra support for the flooring due to the amount of weight.

Donna
Who only has it in her bathrooms and foyer.