Re: 'Gold Tide' Forsythia

> I think I'll have to butcher a couple of the volunteer Forsythia tomorrow,
> and check the nodes. F. x intermedia is the most common here.

Which reminds me...  I should trim some of the branches off of mine and
bring them in to force now.

> Lucky you to only have a couple of Hollies to have learned.  We have a
> bunch of Japanese, and Chinese, and opaca and glabra and vomitoria and
> waaaay too many hybrids to learn them all easily. . Glabra and vomitoria of
> course are no-brainers when in fruit. Nelly R. and Savannah are pretty
> easy, too. Oh yeah, and there's I decidua...

I guess we did have I. decidua and I. verticillata.  But the similar
ones like I. x aquapernyi, I. x attenuata, I. pedunculosa, I. vomitoria,
etc. weren't hardy enough for us to deal with them.

I kind of wish they were, though.  :)