Re: Mechanical troubles!

Main breaker should give the amperage.

On Feb 26, 2006, at 11:50 AM, Theresa wrote:

Sooo- how does one knowwhat amp service they have?  I want to get an
additional 220 plug added to the garage so I can use the radial arm saw
I got from my dad's house- but how do I know if I can do this?

Theresa

Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

Your kidding right? Here this is costing me 500.00 which I felt was fair
since it included parts and labor including adding numerous outlets- both
inside (basement) and out- along with upgrading to a larger box etc...

It also depends on whether or not you need to increase the feed coming
into the house.  If you're sticking with the same one it's less, but
otherwise you get the power company involved...

I would never go with less than 200 amp service in this day and age.

Chris

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W