Re: 'Gold Tide' Forsythia

800 woodies? Yikes! We did that many, but it was both woodies and perennials. I'd love to see your list, if you have it around someplace.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] 'Gold Tide' Forsythia

Well that sucks- I would think since you are earning a degree, they would
cover all plants- not just ones that are hardy in that schools area. What
happens to the students who, lets say, are from Jim's area, so upon going
home and getting a job, they would not know anything about those plants!
There are so many plants out there that it would be a mammoth task.  As it
is, the U of I course covers over 800 plants over two semesters and is
considered to be one of the most rigorous woody plant courses out there.